Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fight For Success


"You have to remind yourself that failure isn't about lack of skill. It's about passion. Those who fail don't reach greatness, because they're not willing to wait for it."- Georges St-Pierre


For those of you who don't know... this is it. This is literally what it's all about, in all aspects of life. No matter what you want in this world, you have to wait for it. Period. Skills really will only get you so far, no matter how skilled you may be. Everybody fails. It's a part of life. The question is, how much failure can you take before you can say that you have got yourself to where you truly want to be? A wise man once told me, "Success is getting up one more time than you fall down." Sure, it's one hell of a cliche. Personally, I hate cliches. I think they're bullshit. People throw them around and use them as crutches, but they never really embrace their meaning. However, it doesn't mean that they can't be true. I've failed in so many aspects of my life that it's a miracle I still have motivation sometimes. True, that sounds a bit dramatic, but I'm twenty-six years of age, and what have I accomplished that honestly sets me apart from others in this world? Nothing monumental. Nothing life changing. Who knows, maybe I never will. One thing I do know for sure, more now than ever, is that I will still be standing. No matter what obstacle, no matter what opponent, nobody or no thing is too great. It's all about standing there toe-to-toe with your life, and saying, "F*** you, I'm taking what's mine." That's the bottomline. Take what you will from it, but I encourage you to take a very close look at yourself, your life's direction, and where you want to be. Now, be prepared to fail, and be prepared to wait for success. Wait. Like your life depends on it. Because, the truth is... it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment